The Muscle Specialist
Sports Therapy, Massage & Personal Training Vouchers, Special Offers & Deals Dublin 4
- Mob: 0879708417
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFER EXPIRED - SEE MASSAGE VOUCHERS
The Muscle Specialist Vocuhers. Arunas is a qualified Neuromuscular & Physical Therapist, Personal trainer. He graduated from Ireland’s prestigious National Training Centre, Ireland’s leading educator in Health, Fitness & Bodywork Therapy. ArÅ«nas has integrated his Personal Training skills with his Neuromuscular Therapy skills to provide a wide variety of professional Sports Therapy services.
Neuromuscular techniques are a comprehensive system of non-invasive soft-tissue manipulation techniques, valuable in both a diagnostic and therapeutic application. Neuromuscular techniques provide the therapist with information regarding tissue tone, fibrosity, oedema and areas of soft tissue changes such as hypersensitivity, change in sensation or pain. Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) can move painlessly from investigative mode to treatment mode in an instant, if deemed appropriate. NMT is an important part of the multidisciplinary medical approach to pain, injury, prevention and post rehabilitation. As part of this multidisciplinary approach, referrals are made to, and received from, physiotherapists, orthopedic specialists, osteopaths, chiropractors, medical exercise specialists, general practice doctors, nutritionists, dentists, naturopathic practitioners, health fitness instructors, personal trainers and other physical therapists. In Ireland, NMT is included as a recognized therapy under the private health insurance offered through a number of leading insurance providers. This inclusion reflects the recognition of the efficacy of NMT as an important physical therapy. The neuromuscular therapist follows strict national standards and guidelines, code of ethical conduct and scope of practice.
In the hands of a qualified therapist, NMT may eliminate the cause of acute or chronic myofascial, muscular or osseous (bone) pain and discomfort. Through the application of neuromuscular techniques, which include soft tissue manipulations, intra-oral tissue release, myofascial release, positional release, muscle energy techniques, cranial manipulation and trigger point therapy, homoeostasis is restored between the nervous system, osseous system and soft tissue systems. Neuromuscular therapy enhances the function of joints, muscles, and the general arthrokinematics of the body. NMT can improve healing by facilitating the return of appropriate core (lumbo-pelvic-hip) muscle function throughout the entire kinetic chain. A special focus is given to the treatment of trigger points, local ischemia, neural interferences, postural and biomechanical dysfunctions, nutritional factors and emotional well-being. European NMT has embraced the orphan tissue fascia and the epidemic that is known widely as trigger points. A primary focus of NMT is to understand the formation, etiology and treatment of myofascial trigger points. In NMT, a special effort is made to locate the source of referred pain, including any perpetuating influences, and eliminating them while paying attention to correct negative postural patterns.
In summary, NMT incorporates the following: Postural Assessment and Range of Motion Testing; Full Body Kinetic Chain Assessment; Injury Scenarios and Differential Diagnosis; Fascia and Myokinetic Chains and Links; Orthopaedic Sports Massage; Soft Tissue Release; Positional Release; Strain / Counter-strain; Muscle Energy Techniques.
Services Offered for Sports Therapies and Massage Options
- Sports injury treatment, management and rehabilitation: Your injury will be assessed, along with any contributing factors. A treatment plan will be recommended along with any necessary rehabilitation (inc. core training, muscular development, muscular balancing, etc.). Any sports injuries assessed.
- Postural Assessment and Correction: Most of our treatment sessions will contain some element of some postural assessment and correction. For example, during each Sports Massage, a complete range of motion check is performed on the relevant muscle groups and all imbalances are corrected at the end of the treatment. However, entire sessions can also be devoted to postural assessment and correction. Posture defects are noted, such as rounded shoulders and rotated pelvis (actual cause of many hamstring complaints).
- Orthopaedic massage: This is a deep tissue massage which not only takes into account the body's muscular system but also considers the skeletal system as part of the treatment.
- Personal training: Individual or group training and fitness advice, incorporating dietary and postural advice. My goal is to teach clients how to exercise safely and effectively for life. I work closely with clients to develop an exercise/activity program based on their fitness goals/needs and closely supervise their progress. Along the way I strive to provide knowledge, advice and feedback that enables the client to become comfortable and confident with their new fitness regime.
- Pre and Post Natal training: Having completed a dedicated course in pre and post natal training, ArÅ«nas is happy to help Mums-to-be and new Mums to maintain their fitness and regain their figure safely!
- Relaxation massage: Smooth, flowing style massage that promotes general relaxation, improves circulation and range of movement, and relieves muscular tension. A perennial favourite.